“Traineeships give young people the helping hand they need to compete for Apprenticeships and other jobs” Matthew Hancock, Minister of State for Skills and Enterprise
Traineeships are an education and training programme with the primary focus on providing work experience to 16 to 24 year olds so that they can develop skills and vital experience that employers are looking for.
Employers are at the heart of Traineeships, offering high quality work experience in partnership with a training provider.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Traineeships will benefit businesses in the following ways:
• Designed to suit the needs of your business
• Bring enthusiastic individuals with fresh ideas to your business
• Shape the skills and experience of people from your community
• Develop a loyal and talented workforce
• Develop the skills of existing staff in mentoring and coaching
If you decide to employ your Trainee you could be eligible for an Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of £1500
WHO ARE THE TARGET GROUP?
• Individuals not currently in a job, with little work experience, but are focussed on work or the prospect of it;
• Individuals 16-19 qualified below Level 3 or 19-24 and have not yet achieved a full Level 2; and
• Individuals that providers and employers believe have a reasonable chance of being ready for employment or an Apprenticeship within 6 months
WHAT ARE THE 9 SELF-STUDY UNITS?
• Health & Safety
• Plan a high quality placement
• Acceptable behaviour
• Workplace communication
• Maths & English
• Effective feedback
• Final interview
• Formal reference
WHAT DOES IT COST?
This programme is fully funded by the European Social Fund (ESF). WDA is also offering an additional incentive of up to £200 per individual for completing the programme.
WHO IS THE PROGRAMME SUITABLE FOR?
This programme is suitable for anyone aged 19+ that has responsibility for overseeing the Trainee whilst on their placement in your organisation. You can book as many staff as you feel this programme with be suitable for, there is no limit on the number of bookings you can make.
TELL ME MORE
If you are a business based in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire or Milton Keynes and are thinking about offering a Traineeship to a young person aged 16-24 we have the perfect course for you:
• Fully funded for businesses with less than 250 staff
• Currently offering Traineeships / considering for the future
• Develop skills of your team leaders, supervisors & mentors
• Review existing policies and practices to support Trainees